We are cross-posting this important notice from Staff News.
On Saturday, June 29, a crane will replace heavy ventilation equipment atop the Medical Research Building and MacKenzie Hall. Preparation leading up to that event will bring the following:
Wednesday, June 26
- Fourteen parking spaces in the Auditorium Lot will be off-limits to parkers.
- Temporary protective plating will be placed in the research courtyard.
- At the west end of the research courtyard, between the Old Library and CROET, flaggers will control traffic whenever trucks and other construction vehicles approach.
- Temporary cooling equipment for the affected buildings will begin service. This will likely be undetectable to building residents.
Friday, June 28
- Crane assembly will begin as early as 6:30 p.m.
Saturday, June 29
- The top floors of the MRB and Mac Hall will be closed for safety from 8 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- Crane lifts will begin after 8 a.m., for safety.
- Crane disassembly will begin as early as 3 p.m.
Questions or concerns?
Contact Will Coons of Facilities & Logistics: 503 750-0091.