It’s that time of year again. The weather is warm and our student researchers are finishing up their school year. So here are some things for you to think about:
- If a student has been serving a major role on the project, plan for who is going to complete any analyses and assume administrative or regulatory duties (e.g., the next Continuing Review!)
- Update personnel as appropriate.
- Remove students if they are no longer going to be involved with the project.
- Update contact information, if needed.
- Terminate the protocol promptly, if you can (e.g., if all data analyses are complete).
The same issues apply when a faculty investigator leaves, with additional considerations if the leaving faculty has been serving as Principal Investigator:
- Determine if the research will continue to be conducted here at OHSU. If so, it is likely that a new PI will need to be named. The leaving faculty member may remain a Co-Investigator.
- In some circumstances, the leaving faculty member may be able to remain as PI. These include situations where the leaving faculty member retains an appointment at OHSU and has the written support of the Department Chair/Institute Director. See the OHSU PI Eligibility policy for more information.
Please contact Ames Elliot if you have any questions.