The Doris Duke Clinical Scientist Development Award Program provides junior physician-scientist faculty with $150,000 per year for up to three years to support mentored research in any disease area as they begin their careers as independent clinical investigators.
To be eligible, applicants must:
- Hold a M.D., D.O., or foreign equivalent degree from an accredited institution;
- Have an active U.S. medical license – U.S. citizenship is not required;
- Have a full-time faculty position not higher than the assistant professor level, and have been appointed to their first full-time faculty position between January 1, 2008 and January 1, 2013;
- Not be the PI or co-PI on an R01, or any multi-year grant with annual direct funding more than $225,000 that has a start date prior to and inclusive of July 1, 2013;
- Be guaranteed an overall research time protection of 75%.