Dr. Justine R. Smith, M.D., Ph.D., has been named the 2012-2013 president-elect of the Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology. This is the first time an OHSU physician has held this office since Oregon’s “father of ophthalmology”, Dr. Kenneth C. Swan, was elected to the position in 1951. This is a great accomplishment and honor for Dr. Smith, the Casey Eye Institute and for OHSU as a whole. Congradulations Dr. Smith!
Welcome to the Research News Blog
OHSU Research News is your portal to information about all things research at Oregon Health & Science University. Visit often for updates on events, discoveries, and important funding information.Read more
Recent Blog Posts
- Simulation User Network (SUN) Conference at OHSU Sept. 15
- Mark Siegler, M.D., FACP: Ethical Issues in Organ Transplantation Sept. 19
- Register today: 2014 TTBD Awards, Oct. 6
- Erica Zeigler on Ignite Health V2: Call for Presentations
- James Brecher on TTBD Inventor Spotlight: Michael P. Hutchens, M.D., M.A.
- Mo Nishiyama on Ignite Health V2: Call for Presentations
awards basic research basic science brown bag cancer career development clinical research collaboration community conference cores Discoveries eIRB event events funding funding focus funding opportunities Funding Opportunity graduate students internal funding IRB Notes junior faculty lecture Limited Submission neuroscience NIH OCTRI OHSU faculty OHSU Knight Cancer Institute OHSU Researchers ONPRC postdoctoral fellows Research Administration research career development research integrity Research Resources research week seminar technology training translational research visiting speaker visiting speakers workshop