Dr. Justine R. Smith, M.D., Ph.D., has been named the 2012-2013 president-elect of the Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology. This is the first time an OHSU physician has held this office since Oregon’s “father of ophthalmology”, Dr. Kenneth C. Swan, was elected to the position in 1951. This is a great accomplishment and honor for Dr. Smith, the Casey Eye Institute and for OHSU as a whole. Congradulations Dr. Smith!
Welcome to the Research News Blog
OHSU Research News is your portal to information about all things research at Oregon Health & Science University. Visit often for updates on events, discoveries, and important funding information.
Recent Blog Posts
- Limited submission funding process refresher
- OHSU startup presents at largest U.S. biotech conference
- Resources for research with nonhuman primates
- Rachel Dresbeck on Federal overtime changes will affect universities
- Elyse Paterson on Federal overtime changes will affect universities
- Traci on Federal overtime changes will affect universities
awards basic research basic science brown bag cancer career development clinical research collaboration community conference cores Discoveries eIRB event events funding funding focus funding opportunities Funding Opportunity graduate students internal funding IRB Notes junior faculty lecture Limited Submission NIH OCTRI OHSU faculty OHSU Knight Cancer Institute OHSU Researchers ONPRC postdoctoral fellows research Research Administration research career development research integrity Research Resources research week seminar technology training translational research TTBD visiting speaker workshop