The University of Washington-based Northwest Regional Center of Excellence for Biodefense and Emerging Infectious Disease Research (NWRCE) is inviting investigators to apply for funding to establish new directions in biodefense and emerging infectious diseases. The NWRCE is an NIAID/NIH funded research center targeted toward developing scientific knowledge against biothreat agents and emerging or re-emerging infectious diseases. The award is geared toward postdoctoral or junior faculty and totals $50,000 to $100,000 in research funding for one year. The deadline for proposals is February 29, 2012.
Welcome to the Research News Blog
OHSU Research News is your portal to information about all things research at Oregon Health & Science University. Visit often for updates on events, discoveries, and important funding information.
Recent Blog Posts
- Institute of Medicine finds mitochondrial replacement therapy is ethical
- Neuroimaging funding opportunity, deadline extended to Feb. 8
- Marquam Hill Lecture: Martin Schreiber, Feb. 18
- Rachel Dresbeck on Further guidance on new NIH application requirements, Mar. 9
- Amber on Further guidance on new NIH application requirements, Mar. 9
- Anna on OHSU researchers find cognitive dysfunction resulting from obesity, diabetes can be treated
awards basic research basic science brown bag cancer career development clinical research collaboration community conference cores Discoveries eIRB event events funding funding focus funding opportunities Funding Opportunity graduate students internal funding IRB Notes junior faculty lecture Limited Submission NIH OCTRI OHSU faculty OHSU Knight Cancer Institute OHSU Researchers ONPRC postdoctoral fellows research Research Administration research career development research integrity Research Resources research week seminar technology training translational research TTBD visiting speaker workshop