The University of Washington-based Northwest Regional Center of Excellence for Biodefense and Emerging Infectious Disease Research (NWRCE) is inviting investigators to apply for funding to establish new directions in biodefense and emerging infectious diseases. The NWRCE is an NIAID/NIH funded research center targeted toward developing scientific knowledge against biothreat agents and emerging or re-emerging infectious diseases. The award is geared toward postdoctoral or junior faculty and totals $50,000 to $100,000 in research funding for one year. The deadline for proposals is February 29, 2012.
Welcome to the Research News Blog
OHSU Research News is your portal to information about all things research at Oregon Health & Science University. Visit often for updates on events, discoveries, and important funding information.Read more
Recent Blog Posts
- Could your research images and videos be considered art?
- Pediatrics Research Seminar: Ernesto R. Bongarzone, Ph.D., July 8
- OHSU to be one of the first to install new high-resolution mass spectrometer
- Quen on Phillip Marucha, D.M.D., Ph.D., is new School of Dentistry dean
- Sandy Pierce on Doernbecher researchers first to grow transplantable liver stem cells in culture
- Susan Oliver on 125th lecture series: Eric Dishman on accelerating personal health, April 1
basic research cancer career development child health clinical research collaboration community conference dentistry Discoveries economic stimulus eIRB event funding funding focus funding opportunities Funding Opportunity graduate students grant development internal funding IRB Notes junior faculty lecture Limited Submission neuroscience New from the NIH news NIH NIH applications OCTRI OHSU faculty OHSU Knight Cancer Institute OHSU Researchers ONPRC policy postdoctoral fellows Research Administration research integrity Research Resources research week resources seminar training translational research workshop