The Tartar Trust Fellowships grant $2,000 for one year to students, postdocs, and faculty in the OHSU School of Medicine. Fellowships are offered annually by the OHSU Foundation and support research endeavors and research career development. Projects that are likely to enhance the applicant’s career development are of particular interest.
Fellowship funds may be used to:
- Assist qualified graduate students in their research programs.
- Provide released time for a graduate teaching assistant for purposes of advancing the individual’s degree research.
- Support specially endowed medical students to engage in research during the summer or a term of the academic year.
- Extend appointments of qualified postdoctoral investigators.
- Provide released time or summary salary for a faculty member.
- Provide young members with a brief period of special research training as guests at other institutions.
- Provide support for an individual to perform research on an urgent short-term problem relating to human diseases.
Applications are due February 17, 2012. View the guidelines and obtain an application.