OHSU’s Transgenic Mouse Models Core is up and running after relocating to a new laboratory space in the Biomedical Research Building. The new space takes advantage of the mouse pathogen-free barrier inside of the Department of Comparative Medicine.
Services provided by the Transgenic Core for both OHSU and external customers include:
- Generation of transgenic mice, knockout mice, cryopreservation of mouse embryos and the rederivation of contaminated mouse lines.
- In vitro fertilization and Speed Cryopresevation.
- Services for standard molecular genetics such as genomic and plasmid DNA purification, PCR primer design, PCR genotyping and other services.
- Personnel training for the generation of genetically modified animals and other methods.
- Project advice and letters of support to investigators for grant applications.
- Coming soon! Zinc-finger nuclease technology, an alternative gene targeting technique.