On Monday, November 21, 2011, a panel of OHSU Native American faculty members will participate in a panel discussion on their roles in community, research, education and collaborative activities. The panel will take place from 12 to 1:15 p.m. in the OHSU auditorium. An OHSU/Tribal Exhibit Fair will run concurrently from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. in the auditorium foyer. Panelists will include:
- R. Dale Walker, MD, Professor, Departments of Psychiatry, and Public Health and Preventive Medicine; Director, One Sky Center for Native Health, Education, and Research.
- Patricia Silk Walker, PhD, Research Assistant Professor, Department of Public Health and Preventive Medicine.
- Wayne Zundel, PhD, Director, Division of Molecular Radiation and Cancer Biology; Assistant Professor, Department of Radiation Medicine.
- David Gonzales, PhD, Senior Research Associate; Co-Director, OHSU Smoking Cessation Center.
- Melanie Gillingham, PhD, RD, Assistant Professor, Department of Molecular and Medical Genetics.
This event is sponsored by OHSU’s Center for Diversity & Multicultural Affairs (CeDMA) as well as One Sky Center. For more information, contact CeDMA at (503) 494-5657.