The Doris Duke Clinical Scientist Development Award (CSDA) provides $150,000 per year for three years to junior faculty members with an M.D. or M.D./Ph.D. performing mentored clinical research in any disease area as they begin their careers as independent scientists.
To be eligible, applicants must:
- Be physician scientists conducting clinical research in any disease area;
- Have received an M.D. or a foreign equivalent from an accredited institution;
- Be working in a U.S. degree-granting institution (but do not need U.S. citizenship);
- Have a full-time faculty level position not higher than the assistant professor level; and
- Have been appointed to their first full-time faculty level position between January 1, 2007 and January 1, 2012; and not be the PI or co-PI on an R01.
Please note: This opportunity requires internal coordination because OHSU may nominate only two applicants. If you intend to apply, please complete a limited submission form before November 4, 2011. Full applications are due December 21, 2011.