If you’ve applied for a Tartar Trust Fellowship in the past, you may notice that the guidelines and application have been modified for 2011. Most notably, applicants will be required to submit electronically starting with the February 18, 2011 deadline.
The fellowships, which are offered annually by the OHSU Foundation, provide $2,000 to support research endeavors research career development in the School of Medicine. Fellowship funds may be used to:
- Assist qualified graduate students in their research programs.
- Provide released time for a graduate teaching assistant for purposes of advancing the individual’s degree research.
- Support specially endowed medical students to engage in research during the summer or a term of the academic year.
- Extend appointments of qualified postdoctoral investigators.
- Provide released time or summary salary for a faculty member.
- Provide young members with a brief period of special research training as guests at other institutions.
- Provide support for an individual to perform research on an urgent short-term problem relating to human diseases.
Projects that are likely to enhance the applicant’s career development are of particular interest. To be eligible, applicants must be residents of Oregon who are affiliated with the OHSU School of Medicine. Medical and graduate students, postdoctoral fellows and faculty are eligible for this award.
Visit the Funding Opportunities Database to view the updated guidelines and application form.
View the rest of this week’s Funding Alerts.