Tuesday, March 31 @ noon in Mac Hall 3198
The stimulus package allocates over $1 billion to comparative effectiveness research. Comparative effectiveness research is a broad category, and many clinical researchers can frame their work within it.
OCTRI is sponsoring a seminar that will:
- explain the scope of comparative effectiveness research;
- review current funding opportunities;
- offer investigators ideas about how to frame their research ideas within this scope.
The seminar will feature a brief presentation and panel discussion.
- Mark Helfand, MD, MPH is Director of the Oregon Evidence-based Practice Center and Professor of Medicine and Medical Informatics & Clinical Epidemiology.
- Rick Deyo, MD, MPH is Director of the OCTRI Community & Practice Research Program and Kaiser Permanente Endowed Professor of Evidence-based Medicine in the Department of Family Medicine.
- Cynthia Morris, PhD, MPH is Director of the OCTRI Education and Human Investigations Program and Vice Chair of Medical Informatics & Clinical Epidemiology.