1st Call for Nominations – 2009 Festival of Lights Award:
OHSU and the OHSU Foundation are pleased to announce the third annual Festival of Lights Award, an award to honor an OHSU neuroscientist for research productivity and innovation. All neuroscientists are eligible, including postdoctoral fellows, faculty, and research associates.
The award is a $3,000 prize and certificate. Nominations are due August 14th, 2009. This announcement is being distributed well in advance of the deadline in an effort to solicit the finest application. We will announce this opportunity again as the nomination date becomes closer.
Award details -
- Self nominations or nominations by others are welcome. The nominee must be a neuroscientist at OHSU – this includes faculty, research associates and postdoctoral fellows. Where one feels that the productivity or innovation was due to a team effort, a nomination of a scientist team is permitted.
- Submit no more than a one page description (12pt. font, 1 inch. margins) of work done that is highly innovative and/or demonstrates particularly high productivity. If more than one scientist contributed to the work, include a description of the efforts of team members toward the final product.
- Submit a paper or other scholarly work in press or published between 8/2008 and 7/2009 as a supporting document if available.
- All materials should be in a single .pdf document and emailed to Jeri Janowsky: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Submissions will be reviewed by a committee composed of OHSU scientists (the 2009 review committee to be determined).
2007: Kazuhiro Nakamura, Ph.D., Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Laboratory of Dr. Shaun Morrison, Neurological Sciences Institute, for his discovery of a new thermosensory pathway important for temperature homeostasis.
2008: Tamara Phillips, Ph.D. Professor of Behavioral Neuroscience, for her discovery that chronic alcohol disrupts a key brain receptor in the stress axis and that the receptor is a potential target for new therapies against addictions.
This award was endowed by long-time supporter of the Neurological Sciences Institute, Mr. Irving Lieberman.
For more information, please contact Jeri Janowsky: email@example.com.