Save the date for the celebration of the BICC 25th Anniversary in Portland, Oregon, Friday, October 28, 2016.
“The Biomedical Information Communication Center is the resource for health information at Oregon Health Sciences University. The BICC building, which opened in September, 1991, houses library services; microcomputer facilities, training and support; audiovisual and video conferencing services; the Health Informatics Program; and BICC administrative offices. The offices of ORHION, the BICC’s electronic information system, are also housed in the building.”
With these auspicious words, the BICC opened 25 years ago.
On behalf of Oregon Health & Science University (OHSU), we would cordially like to extend an invitation to attend a celebration of the past, present, and future of the BICC in beautiful Portland, Oregon, October 28. Tour the building, talk with former and current inhabitants, view exhibits of historic computers and artifacts, enjoy some great food and beverages, and help us celebrate!
Confirmed speakers include:
• Donald Lindberg, MD, Emeritus Director of the National Library of Medicine
• J. Robert (Bob) Beck, MD, former Director of the BICC
• Lesley Hallick, PhD, former OHSU Provost
• Dolores Judkins, MLS, AHIP, OHSU Library Emeritus Associate Professor
• David Witter, MA former Interim University President
• David Hickam, MD, MPH, former OHSU professor / VA physician
• And we hope to have the new Director of the National Library of Medicine as well…
We hope you can join us!
Chris Shaffer and Valerie Fishler, OHSU Library
Bill Hersh, Joan Ash, and Kathryn Pyle, Department of Medical Informatics and Clinical Epidemiology (DMICE)
Jan Pfeifer, EdCOMM
Mike Miller, Information Technology Group (ITG)