Come join us on November 21st, at 2 PM in BRB 381 for a seminar and hands on demonstration of SciFinder. SciFinder provides researchers with unlimited access to the world’s largest and most reliable collection of chemistry and related science information.
This seminar will focus on demonstrating new features and content that has been added to SciFinder in the last year:
- experimental procedures from select journals and patents
- grouping/analysis options for reaction answer sets
- pricing & availability information for chemical vendors
- bioactivity & target indicators for substances
We will also review the following topics:
- query building and analyze/refine tools for structure/reaction searching
- Markush substance searching
- SciPlanner for synthetic route planning
Time will be left at the end for a Q&A session.
The seminar is being conducted by Kaushik Patel. Dr. Patel holds a Ph.D. from Northwestern University and a M.Sc. from UCLA. His graduate work was in the field of supramolecular chemistry as it pertains to materials and drug delivery. Before starting at CAS, he worked at Sigma Aldrich Materials Science as a Global Product Manager covering Organic and Printed Electronic Materials, Nanomaterials and Polymer Science.