The Joanna Briggs Institute evidence-based nursing database, JBI COnNECT +, has recently moved to the Ovid platform andhas a new name, The Joanna Briggs Institute EBP Database.
Within the database you can search for evidence based recommended practices, best practice information sheets, systematic reviews, and more. It also has ten tools that you can use for appraisal and implementation, quality improvement, and research. Here are some examples of JBI Connect’s tools:
- JBI Journal Club- a tool for storing and appraising articles for journal clubs.
- JBI PACES- an online program that assists with clinical audits and practice changes.
- JBI Rapid- a checklist for critically appraising papers.
- Manual Builder- a tool for creating evidence-based manuals based on the needs of your organization.
- Pamphlet Builder- a tool for creating evidence-based pamphlets for your patients.
Want more information? Take a look at Ovid’s tutorials, most are less than 10 minutes.