On January 2, 2013, the OHSU Library will launch a pilot project to provide free interlibrary loan (ILL) requests to OHSU faculty and staff. This change is in response to user feedback, indicating that paying for ILL is often a barrier to obtaining needed materials. The pilot project will enable the library to assess the financial impact and sustainability of subsidizing requests.
To request items, faculty or staff need to set up an ILL Express account.
The fine print
- Free ILL requests are capped at 10 requests per year. The fee for additional requests is $10.00/request.
- RUSH charges remain at $10.00 per request.
- The free service does not include document delivery (scanning from our collections).
- The Library will not process free requests for leisure reading.
- Call 503-494-2399 or email email@example.com if you have questions.
Did You Know
- The cost to the Library to fill an ILL request ranges from $9.50 to $90.00, the average cost being $17.50.
- The average turnaround time for an electronic journal article is 2-3 days.
- The average turnaround time for print or audiovisual materials is 1-4 weeks.
For more information, please go to: https://ohsu.illiad.oclc.org/illiad/OHS/logon.shtml