Consider Giving a Gift to the OHSU Biomedical Informatics Education Program

SignatureA message from William Hersh, MD:

A new academic year is upon us, and I am writing this letter to provide alumni and friends of the OHSU Biomedical Informatics Education Program an update on new developments in our department. I am also inviting your participation in a new fund-raising effort for the program to which I have made the first gift. First, let me share a sampling of exciting news with you all:

Despite all of our success, the majority of the funding described above is restricted. Federal grants, for example, do not allow investment in new faculty, students, or research explorations. As we face an increasingly competitive environment in the informatics field, it is critical that we have unrestricted support to pursue new research opportunities and compete for the best and brightest students.

I am so excited by this new funding drive that I have been its first contributor, making a $10,000 gift of my own to launch the effort. I invite you to join me with a gift of your own.

Sincerely,

William Hersh, M.D.
Professor and Chair, Department of Medical Informatics and Clinical Epidemiology

Add Comment

About DMICE

The Department of Medical Informatics & Clinical Epidemiology (DMICE) is one of 27 academic departments in the School of Medicine at Oregon Health & Science University (OHSU). The mission of DMICE is to provide leadership, discovery and dissemination of knowledge in clinical informatics, clinical epidemiology, and bioinformatics / computational biology. This mission is fulfilled through programs of research, education, and service. For more information, visit http://www.ohsu.edu/informatics