As pediatricians we care for children with a wide spectrum of illness and injury. Some of them are life-threatening, some more mundane, most heal. Children grow, parents are grateful and pediatricians thrive on the validation both provide. Only sometimes the news is that things will not get better, will last a long time and children will not grow to be their unencumbered, exuberant and irreverent selves. Fanconi Anemia, or FA, is a rare, 1 in … Read More
- Baby in a box? What you need to know about safe infant sleep
- Raising a reader in digital days: Comics galore!
- Five ways to bring books back into your family’s summer
- Adrien on Raising a reader in digital days: Comics galore!
- Ander on “13 Reasons Why” poses risks to Oregon youth
- Rhonda Cohen on Meeting Julia: Representing autism in the media
- Aimee Lomeli on The healing power of art: CHAP at OHSU Doernbecher
- Tori on Tips for supporting one another