What’s the best way to keep my children’s skin safe while enjoying time outdoors this summer? We recommend seeking shade, when practical, during outdoor activities. It’s best to plan trips to the beach or park in the early morning or late afternoon when possible. This avoids exposure to sun during peak UV (ultraviolet) radiation hours, between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. When out in the sun, physical covers such as hats, rash guards, umbrellas, sunglasses … Read More
- Baby in a box? What you need to know about safe infant sleep
- Raising a reader in digital days: Comics galore!
- Five ways to bring books back into your family’s summer
- Adrien on Raising a reader in digital days: Comics galore!
- Ander on “13 Reasons Why” poses risks to Oregon youth
- Rhonda Cohen on Meeting Julia: Representing autism in the media
- Aimee Lomeli on The healing power of art: CHAP at OHSU Doernbecher
- Tori on Tips for supporting one another