I was proud to see the publication of a landmark brain repair trial carried out at OHSU and Doernbecher Children’s Hospital. Our large team of researchers reported the results of this first-ever use of brain-specific stem cells in human patients. The trial, begun in 2006, involved surgical transplantation of purified neural stem cells into six pediatric patients with the rare and uniformly fatal form of the brain degenerative disorder, Batten disease, plus extensive medical and … Read More
Doernbecher Children’s Hospital
- My child is constipated. What can I do?
- Talk to your kids about energy drinks
- Could your child have narcolepsy?
- Rhiannon on A note of thanks from 8-year-old former NICU patient Elle
- Judy Deggs on Vancouver’s Trey Foote Foundation raises $12K for OHSU Doernbecher, Knight Cancer Challenge
- Cathy partida on Resilience
- Leslie on From a physician-parent’s perspective
- Tatyana on Share a room with your baby, not a bed