Although sharing a bed with your infant can be common, sound research recommends against it. The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) recommends infants and their parents share a room, but not a bed. The AAP updated their policy statement on “Sudden Infant Death (SIDS) and Other Sleep-Related Infant Deaths” in 2011 with specific recommendations that infants sleep on their own sleeping surface. Having an infant sleep in a crib or bassinet decreases the risk of SIDS … Read More
Doernbecher Children’s Hospital
- Doernbecher’s Child Life specialists: “We’re here for you and you can do this”
- Doctors Day Q&A with Dr. Nate Selden
- When is my child old enough to use an iPad or tablet?
- Julie Mikulic on Finding bravery at Doernbecher
- Joseph Boquiren on When is my child old enough to use an iPad or tablet?
- Lisa McMahan on Finding bravery at Doernbecher
- Skye Leslie on Finding bravery at Doernbecher
- Denise on Finding bravery at Doernbecher