Although sharing a bed with your infant can be common, sound research recommends against it. The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) recommends infants and their parents share a room, but not a bed. The AAP updated their policy statement on “Sudden Infant Death (SIDS) and Other Sleep-Related Infant Deaths” in 2011 with specific recommendations that infants sleep on their own sleeping surface. Having an infant sleep in a crib or bassinet decreases the risk of SIDS … Read More
Doernbecher Children’s Hospital
- 2014 in review: small patients, big stories.
- Gifts for good
- A classroom in a hospital: Doernbecher’s school program
- Pat on Technology that matters
- chris flores on #FreestyleFriday: OHSU employee Gabe Flores
- Lisa McMahan on Flu vaccine decreases a child’s risk of serious illness
- jennifer on Flu vaccine decreases a child’s risk of serious illness
- Rod on The childless pediatrician: A parent’s worst nightmare?