More than 11,500 children were victims of abuse and neglect in Oregon in 2011. In addition to the immediate toll that abuse takes on the child’s physical and emotional health, studies have shown a strong association between child abuse and adult health problems, including heart disease, cancer and diabetes. The trauma of child maltreatment lasts throughout a child’s life into adulthood. The good news is that child abuse is preventable. As part of our ongoing … Read More
- Kate on How to beat bedwetting
- Riz on How to beat bedwetting
- Camille Calderwood on Raising a reader in digital days: Comics galore!
- Adrien on Raising a reader in digital days: Comics galore!
- Ander on “13 Reasons Why” poses risks to Oregon youth