More than 11,500 children were victims of abuse and neglect in Oregon in 2011. In addition to the immediate toll that abuse takes on the child’s physical and emotional health, studies have shown a strong association between child abuse and adult health problems, including heart disease, cancer and diabetes. The trauma of child maltreatment lasts throughout a child’s life into adulthood. The good news is that child abuse is preventable. As part of our ongoing … Read More
Doernbecher Children’s Hospital
- 2014 in review: small patients, big stories.
- Gifts for good
- A classroom in a hospital: Doernbecher’s school program
- Pat on Technology that matters
- chris flores on #FreestyleFriday: OHSU employee Gabe Flores
- Lisa McMahan on Flu vaccine decreases a child’s risk of serious illness
- jennifer on Flu vaccine decreases a child’s risk of serious illness
- Rod on The childless pediatrician: A parent’s worst nightmare?