Although sharing a bed with your infant can be common, sound research recommends against it. The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) recommends infants and their parents share a room, but not a bed. The AAP updated their policy statement on “Sudden Infant Death (SIDS) and Other Sleep-Related Infant Deaths” in 2011 with specific recommendations that infants sleep on their own sleeping surface. Having an infant sleep in a crib or bassinet decreases the risk of SIDS … Read More
- Baby in a box? What you need to know about safe infant sleep
- Raising a reader in digital days: Comics galore!
- Five ways to bring books back into your family’s summer
- Adrien on Raising a reader in digital days: Comics galore!
- Ander on “13 Reasons Why” poses risks to Oregon youth
- Rhonda Cohen on Meeting Julia: Representing autism in the media
- Aimee Lomeli on The healing power of art: CHAP at OHSU Doernbecher
- Tori on Tips for supporting one another