Every day as I entered the doors to my medical school’s primary lecture hall, I passed a plaque on the wall displaying a quote attributed to William Butler Yeats. Apparently, there is some contention about whether the famous Irish literary figure actually coined the following phrase, but it remains a powerful statement for both learners and teachers. Printed on that plaque were the words, “Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting … Read More
Recent PostsMore Posts
- Domestos on A ‘purrfect’ pair: Meet Doernbecher volunteers Huck and Carol
- Lisa McMahan on The vaccine every teenager needs
- Sydney Massage on The vaccine every teenager needs
- Prok on When is my child old enough to use an iPad or tablet?
- Su Scott on Finding bravery at Doernbecher