In addition to a diverse diet, sufficient sleep and adequate physical activity, there are two supplements that I often recommend to youth struggling with emotional distress, distractibility or hyperactivity: omega-3 fatty acids and vitamin D3. In this, the first of two posts on 3-D health, we’ll focus on omega-3 fatty acids. Brains rely on fatty acids for facilitating intercellular communication, regulating gene expression, modulating inflammatory responses and insulating neurons to promote signal conduction. Fatty acids … Read More
Doernbecher Children’s Hospital
Recent PostsMore Posts
- Lisa McMahan on The vaccine every teenager needs
- Sydney Massage on The vaccine every teenager needs
- Prok on When is my child old enough to use an iPad or tablet?
- Su Scott on Finding bravery at Doernbecher
- Jennette Zarko on The vaccine every teenager needs