Any working mom can tell you, breastfeeding and expressing breast milk for a baby at work can be a tough job, and Oregon’s long-term breastfeeding rates highlight this difficulty. While our state boasts one of the highest breastfeeding initiation rates in the nation — about 90 percent — its exclusive breastfeeding rates at three and six months after birth are nothing to brag about. Oregon’s exclusive breastfeeding rates fall to around 50 percent and 25 … Read More
- The vaccine low-down: Protecting your children against chickenpox, meningitis and more
- Baby in a box? What you need to know about safe infant sleep
- Raising a reader in digital days: Comics galore!
- Camille Calderwood on Raising a reader in digital days: Comics galore!
- Adrien on Raising a reader in digital days: Comics galore!
- Ander on “13 Reasons Why” poses risks to Oregon youth
- Rhonda Cohen on Meeting Julia: Representing autism in the media
- Aimee Lomeli on The healing power of art: CHAP at OHSU Doernbecher