My story with Doernbecher began over 20 years ago when my daughter, Beckie Child, was 16 years old. At the time she was a popular, athletic and vibrant teenager at Parkrose High School. One day at basketball practice, Beckie had a great deal of pain in her leg. My wife, Geri, and I took her to the doctor and were told we needed to get to Doernbecher Children’s Hospital as soon as possible. Beckie’s doctor … Read More
- Baby in a box? What you need to know about safe infant sleep
- Raising a reader in digital days: Comics galore!
- Five ways to bring books back into your family’s summer
- Adrien on Raising a reader in digital days: Comics galore!
- Ander on “13 Reasons Why” poses risks to Oregon youth
- Rhonda Cohen on Meeting Julia: Representing autism in the media
- Aimee Lomeli on The healing power of art: CHAP at OHSU Doernbecher
- Tori on Tips for supporting one another