A number of studies link reading and writing literacy to productivity later in life. And research demonstrates that early exposure to books and reading can predict better academic skills in early grade school. Given the substantial evidence on the importance of literacy, OHSU Doernbecher Children’s Hospital participates in an innovative national program called Reach Out and Read, which offers books to children and their parents at well-child check-ups from ages 6 months to 5 years. … Read More
Doernbecher Children’s Hospital
Recent PostsMore Posts
- Lisa McMahan on The vaccine every teenager needs
- Sydney Massage on The vaccine every teenager needs
- Prok on When is my child old enough to use an iPad or tablet?
- Su Scott on Finding bravery at Doernbecher
- Jennette Zarko on The vaccine every teenager needs