A number of studies link reading and writing literacy to productivity later in life. And research demonstrates that early exposure to books and reading can predict better academic skills in early grade school. Given the substantial evidence on the importance of literacy, OHSU Doernbecher Children’s Hospital participates in an innovative national program called Reach Out and Read, which offers books to children and their parents at well-child check-ups from ages 6 months to 5 years. … Read More
Doernbecher Children’s Hospital
- Doernbecher’s Child Life specialists: “We’re here for you and you can do this”
- Doctors Day Q&A with Dr. Nate Selden
- When is my child old enough to use an iPad or tablet?
- Julie Mikulic on Finding bravery at Doernbecher
- Joseph Boquiren on When is my child old enough to use an iPad or tablet?
- Lisa McMahan on Finding bravery at Doernbecher
- Skye Leslie on Finding bravery at Doernbecher
- Denise on Finding bravery at Doernbecher