Autism Spectrum Disorders, or ASDs, are a type of developmental disability that begins in early childhood. ASDs are relatively common, affecting as many as one in 50 children. As pediatricians, we know that identifying children with ASDs early in life is important. The treatment for autism is behavioral therapy, and the sooner that children with ASD starts therapy, the better their functioning will be later in life. Early diagnosis is important, but the early signs … Read More
Doernbecher Children’s Hospital
- 2014 in review: small patients, big stories.
- Gifts for good
- A classroom in a hospital: Doernbecher’s school program
- Pat on Technology that matters
- chris flores on #FreestyleFriday: OHSU employee Gabe Flores
- Lisa McMahan on Flu vaccine decreases a child’s risk of serious illness
- jennifer on Flu vaccine decreases a child’s risk of serious illness
- Rod on The childless pediatrician: A parent’s worst nightmare?