A: Although specific details will depend on your child’s age and the surgical procedure, it’s always best to be clear and honest, as well as reassuring. In other words, don’t baby your child — explain what the surgery is for, what’s going to happen during it, and how he or she might feel after waking up. You don’t need to explain every potential complication, but you do need to be truthful so your child knows … Read More
Doernbecher Children’s Hospital
- #FreestyleFriday: OHSU employee Gabe Flores
- Doernbecher offers free flu vaccine to its patients’ parents, close family contacts
- Behind the illustration with Maryanna Hoggatt (and Simon)
- chris flores on #FreestyleFriday: OHSU employee Gabe Flores
- Lisa McMahan on Flu vaccine decreases a child’s risk of serious illness
- jennifer on Flu vaccine decreases a child’s risk of serious illness
- Rod on The childless pediatrician: A parent’s worst nightmare?
- Zee on The childless pediatrician: A parent’s worst nightmare?