October is Domestic Violence Awareness Month and Wednesday, Oct. 9, is Health Cares About Domestic Violence Day. In the United States, more than 18 million children have been exposed to family violence. That’s one in four children who experience violence between their parents or caregivers. Growing up in a violent home can be a terrifying and traumatic experience for child. It can impede their growth, early brain development and future health. A study found that children … Read More
Doernbecher Children’s Hospital
- 2014 in review: small patients, big stories.
- Gifts for good
- A classroom in a hospital: Doernbecher’s school program
- Pat on Technology that matters
- chris flores on #FreestyleFriday: OHSU employee Gabe Flores
- Lisa McMahan on Flu vaccine decreases a child’s risk of serious illness
- jennifer on Flu vaccine decreases a child’s risk of serious illness
- Rod on The childless pediatrician: A parent’s worst nightmare?