This Thanksgiving I added something new to the list of things I am grateful for. Three weeks ago, I traveled to a stunningly beautiful part of the United States, where I found hundreds of children living with debilitating heart disease. At some point in the past, the children had contracted either strep throat or impetigo, a common streptococcal skin infection. Weeks to years later, they were found to have heart murmurs. Many were fatigued and … Read More
- Baby in a box? What you need to know about safe infant sleep
- Raising a reader in digital days: Comics galore!
- Five ways to bring books back into your family’s summer
- Adrien on Raising a reader in digital days: Comics galore!
- Ander on “13 Reasons Why” poses risks to Oregon youth
- Rhonda Cohen on Meeting Julia: Representing autism in the media
- Aimee Lomeli on The healing power of art: CHAP at OHSU Doernbecher
- Tori on Tips for supporting one another