Vitamin K deficiency bleeding recently made the news when four cases of late bleeding were reported in healthy newborns in Nashville, Tenn. All parents had declined vitamin K, and their infants were reported to be developing normally until sudden bleeding occurred between 6 and 15 weeks. During my first year as a pediatric resident, I had the opportunity to work in the OHSU Mother-Baby Unit. It was fun and incredibly fulfilling to be the first medical provider for … Read More
Doernbecher Children’s Hospital
- 2014 in review: small patients, big stories.
- Gifts for good
- A classroom in a hospital: Doernbecher’s school program
- Pat on Technology that matters
- chris flores on #FreestyleFriday: OHSU employee Gabe Flores
- Lisa McMahan on Flu vaccine decreases a child’s risk of serious illness
- jennifer on Flu vaccine decreases a child’s risk of serious illness
- Rod on The childless pediatrician: A parent’s worst nightmare?