Unpleasant sensations of fast or forceful heartbeats are called palpitations. Young children with palpitations usually tell their parents that their heart is “beeping” or “going crazy” or words to that effect. Older children typically are able to describe the feeling more effectively. What is a parent to do? The most important thing is not to panic unless the child passes out, which is extremely rare. Should this happen, call 911 right away and consider doing … Read More
Doernbecher Children’s Hospital
- Doernbecher’s Child Life specialists: “We’re here for you and you can do this”
- Doctors Day Q&A with Dr. Nate Selden
- When is my child old enough to use an iPad or tablet?
- Julie Mikulic on Finding bravery at Doernbecher
- Joseph Boquiren on When is my child old enough to use an iPad or tablet?
- Lisa McMahan on Finding bravery at Doernbecher
- Skye Leslie on Finding bravery at Doernbecher
- Denise on Finding bravery at Doernbecher