In addition to a diverse diet, sufficient sleep and adequate physical activity, there are two supplements that I often recommend to youth struggling with emotional distress, distractibility or hyperactivity: omega-3 fatty acids and vitamin D3. In this, the first of two posts on 3-D health, we’ll focus on omega-3 fatty acids. Brains rely on fatty acids for facilitating intercellular communication, regulating gene expression, modulating inflammatory responses and insulating neurons to promote signal conduction. Fatty acids … Read More
Doernbecher Children’s Hospital
- 2014 in review: small patients, big stories.
- Gifts for good
- A classroom in a hospital: Doernbecher’s school program
- Pat on Technology that matters
- chris flores on #FreestyleFriday: OHSU employee Gabe Flores
- Lisa McMahan on Flu vaccine decreases a child’s risk of serious illness
- jennifer on Flu vaccine decreases a child’s risk of serious illness
- Rod on The childless pediatrician: A parent’s worst nightmare?