Imagine a child with a serious medical condition. Imagine that child and his family waiting for surgery. Preparing to undergo a medical procedure. Passing the time during recovery. Now imagine that child and family reading. Calming their minds. Trading their current reality for something magical. This is the power of a book. Hi, my name is Andrew Herinckx, and I am a Boy Scout with Troop 618 in Beaverton, Ore. As part of a service … Read More
- Baby in a box? What you need to know about safe infant sleep
- Raising a reader in digital days: Comics galore!
- Five ways to bring books back into your family’s summer
- Camille Calderwood on Raising a reader in digital days: Comics galore!
- Adrien on Raising a reader in digital days: Comics galore!
- Ander on “13 Reasons Why” poses risks to Oregon youth
- Rhonda Cohen on Meeting Julia: Representing autism in the media
- Aimee Lomeli on The healing power of art: CHAP at OHSU Doernbecher