This article was written by Megan Haverman and originally appeared in the Portland Monthly 2016 Kids’ Health Annual magazine. While in the past high blood pressure in children has usually been considered a secondary symptom of something else, like kidney or heart disease, today children, like adults, are increasingly experiencing issues associated with being overweight. According to Jennifer Huang, M.D., a pediatric cardiologist at OHSU Doernbecher Children’s Hospital, “It’s becoming more and more common for … Read More
- Kate on How to beat bedwetting
- Riz on How to beat bedwetting
- Camille Calderwood on Raising a reader in digital days: Comics galore!
- Adrien on Raising a reader in digital days: Comics galore!
- Ander on “13 Reasons Why” poses risks to Oregon youth