October is Domestic Violence Awareness Month and Wednesday, Oct. 9, is Health Cares About Domestic Violence Day. In the United States, more than 18 million children have been exposed to family violence. That’s one in four children who experience violence between their parents or caregivers. Growing up in a violent home can be a terrifying and traumatic experience for child. It can impede their growth, early brain development and future health. A study found that children … Read More
Recent PostsMore Posts
- Domestos on A ‘purrfect’ pair: Meet Doernbecher volunteers Huck and Carol
- Lisa McMahan on The vaccine every teenager needs
- Sydney Massage on The vaccine every teenager needs
- Prok on When is my child old enough to use an iPad or tablet?
- Su Scott on Finding bravery at Doernbecher