Asthma is the most common chronic disease in childhood. It is often underdiagnosed and undertreated, and can cause unnecessary burden in a child’s life. It accounts for approximately 13 million missed school days a year, as well as many missed workdays for family members. Asthma is also the most common cause of recurrent pneumonia in children. When treated appropriately, children with asthma can live full and active lives without limitation from their breathing. Asthma has … Read More
Doernbecher Children’s Hospital
- 2014 in review: small patients, big stories.
- Gifts for good
- A classroom in a hospital: Doernbecher’s school program
- Pat on Technology that matters
- chris flores on #FreestyleFriday: OHSU employee Gabe Flores
- Lisa McMahan on Flu vaccine decreases a child’s risk of serious illness
- jennifer on Flu vaccine decreases a child’s risk of serious illness
- Rod on The childless pediatrician: A parent’s worst nightmare?