Research on the subject of child abuse and neglect is more robust than ever. In 1974, the first federal legislation, the Child Abuse Prevention and Treatment Act, was enacted. That year, three articles on child abuse and neglect were published in medical journals. In 2013, nearly 40 years later, more than 300 articles on the topic appeared in peer-reviewed journals. Scientists are unravelling the undesirable effects of “toxic” stress on early brain development. Long-term health outcomes associated … Read More
Doernbecher Children’s Hospital
- 2014 in review: small patients, big stories.
- Gifts for good
- A classroom in a hospital: Doernbecher’s school program
- Pat on Technology that matters
- chris flores on #FreestyleFriday: OHSU employee Gabe Flores
- Lisa McMahan on Flu vaccine decreases a child’s risk of serious illness
- jennifer on Flu vaccine decreases a child’s risk of serious illness
- Rod on The childless pediatrician: A parent’s worst nightmare?