This year, Candlelighters for Children with Cancer marks its 40th anniversary. Below, Candlelighters Executive Director Jackie Groah shares how the organization got started and who it serves. Candlelighters’ beginning In 1977, five families who spent months living in OHSU Doernbecher Children’s Hospital while caring for their children with cancer realized that there were few services that supported the whole family – their shared experiences helped shape our organization, which supports patients’ entire families. Candlelighters founder … Read More
- Kate on How to beat bedwetting
- Riz on How to beat bedwetting
- Camille Calderwood on Raising a reader in digital days: Comics galore!
- Adrien on Raising a reader in digital days: Comics galore!
- Ander on “13 Reasons Why” poses risks to Oregon youth