More than 11,500 children were victims of abuse and neglect in Oregon in 2011. In addition to the immediate toll that abuse takes on the child’s physical and emotional health, studies have shown a strong association between child abuse and adult health problems, including heart disease, cancer and diabetes. The trauma of child maltreatment lasts throughout a child’s life into adulthood. The good news is that child abuse is preventable. As part of our ongoing … Read More
- Baby in a box? What you need to know about safe infant sleep
- Raising a reader in digital days: Comics galore!
- Five ways to bring books back into your family’s summer
- Camille Calderwood on Raising a reader in digital days: Comics galore!
- Adrien on Raising a reader in digital days: Comics galore!
- Ander on “13 Reasons Why” poses risks to Oregon youth
- Rhonda Cohen on Meeting Julia: Representing autism in the media
- Aimee Lomeli on The healing power of art: CHAP at OHSU Doernbecher