This week the pediatric cardiovascular team at OHSU Doernbecher Children’s Hospital, in cooperation with the OHSU Knight Cardiovascular Institute, made history by implanting a first-of-its kind heart defibrillator that is less invasive and poses fewer risks to patient than current heart defibrillators. Kenneth Clark, 17, is the first pediatric patient in Oregon to receive the implant. Clark recently was diagnosed with hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. Additional testing suggested he was at risk for lethal fast heart rhythms … Read More
Doernbecher Children’s Hospital
Recent PostsMore Posts
- Lisa McMahan on The vaccine every teenager needs
- Sydney Massage on The vaccine every teenager needs
- Prok on When is my child old enough to use an iPad or tablet?
- Su Scott on Finding bravery at Doernbecher
- Jennette Zarko on The vaccine every teenager needs