The Friends of Doernbecher, a volunteer organization dedicated to the long-term support of OHSU Doernbecher Children’s Hospital, recently awarded four grants totaling $175,000 to support clinical and research projects and programs at OHSU Doernbecher. The following faculty grant recipients were selected from among 21 applicants by Friends of Doernbecher members. Peter Kurre, M.D., received $60,000 to support ongoing research to develop safer methods of bone marrow stem cell gene therapy in children. Stem cell gene transfer could … Read More
- The vaccine low-down: Protecting your children against chickenpox, meningitis and more
- Baby in a box? What you need to know about safe infant sleep
- Raising a reader in digital days: Comics galore!
- Camille Calderwood on Raising a reader in digital days: Comics galore!
- Adrien on Raising a reader in digital days: Comics galore!
- Ander on “13 Reasons Why” poses risks to Oregon youth
- Rhonda Cohen on Meeting Julia: Representing autism in the media
- Aimee Lomeli on The healing power of art: CHAP at OHSU Doernbecher