Nine-year-old Bella Stone is spunky. She’s ambitious. She’s outgoing. And more than anything, she’s a miracle. “She wasn’t expected to survive when she was born,” explained her mom, Jessica. “So we call her miracle baby girl.” Twenty surgeries and one brand-new kidney later, Bella has certainly lived up to the name. And she plans on defying the odds even more by becoming the world’s first combination singer-doctor-actor-dentist (we told you she was ambitious). Bella approached … Read More
- The vaccine low-down: Protecting your children against chickenpox, meningitis and more
- Baby in a box? What you need to know about safe infant sleep
- Raising a reader in digital days: Comics galore!
- Camille Calderwood on Raising a reader in digital days: Comics galore!
- Adrien on Raising a reader in digital days: Comics galore!
- Ander on “13 Reasons Why” poses risks to Oregon youth
- Rhonda Cohen on Meeting Julia: Representing autism in the media
- Aimee Lomeli on The healing power of art: CHAP at OHSU Doernbecher