Autism Spectrum Disorders, or ASDs, are a type of developmental disability that begins in early childhood. ASDs are relatively common, affecting as many as one in 50 children. As pediatricians, we know that identifying children with ASDs early in life is important. The treatment for autism is behavioral therapy, and the sooner that children with ASD starts therapy, the better their functioning will be later in life. Early diagnosis is important, but the early signs … Read More
- Baby in a box? What you need to know about safe infant sleep
- Raising a reader in digital days: Comics galore!
- Five ways to bring books back into your family’s summer
- Adrien on Raising a reader in digital days: Comics galore!
- Ander on “13 Reasons Why” poses risks to Oregon youth
- Rhonda Cohen on Meeting Julia: Representing autism in the media
- Aimee Lomeli on The healing power of art: CHAP at OHSU Doernbecher
- Tori on Tips for supporting one another