A: While books and backpacks are an inevitable part of school days, carrying one shouldn’t hurt. A backpack should weigh no more than 10 percent to 20 percent of your child’s weight. For example, if your child weighs 50 pounds, the backpack should weigh no more than 10 pounds. The backpack’s straps should be wide enough so they don’t cut into your child’s shoulders, and the straps should be worn on both shoulders. The backpack should also … Read More
Recent PostsMore Posts
- Lisa McMahan on The vaccine every teenager needs
- Sydney Massage on The vaccine every teenager needs
- Prok on When is my child old enough to use an iPad or tablet?
- Su Scott on Finding bravery at Doernbecher
- Jennette Zarko on The vaccine every teenager needs