Seizures are electrical storms that sweep across the surface of the brain, or cortex. The repeated occurrence of seizures is called epilepsy. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, epilepsy affects 2.2 million Americans, including hundreds of thousands of children. Epilepsy is a damaging and dangerous disease in children for many reasons: Children may be injured or lose oxygen during a seizure. Repeated seizures may eventually damage the brain. The medicines used to … Read More
Recent PostsMore Posts
- Lisa McMahan on The vaccine every teenager needs
- Sydney Massage on The vaccine every teenager needs
- Prok on When is my child old enough to use an iPad or tablet?
- Su Scott on Finding bravery at Doernbecher
- Jennette Zarko on The vaccine every teenager needs