Everyone loves home fireworks. They are sold everywhere, so they must be safe, right? Not so fast. This Fourth of July, hospitals can expect about 6,000* Emergency Room visits due to serious injuries from home fireworks — most will be burns and many will be really serious. About a quarter will be eye injuries, everything from scratches to burns to what we call “enucleation,” or the loss of an eye, most often from bottle rockets. … Read More
Doernbecher Children’s Hospital
- Doernbecher’s Child Life specialists: “We’re here for you and you can do this”
- Doctors Day Q&A with Dr. Nate Selden
- When is my child old enough to use an iPad or tablet?
- Julie Mikulic on Finding bravery at Doernbecher
- Joseph Boquiren on When is my child old enough to use an iPad or tablet?
- Lisa McMahan on Finding bravery at Doernbecher
- Skye Leslie on Finding bravery at Doernbecher
- Denise on Finding bravery at Doernbecher