Everyone loves home fireworks. They are sold everywhere, so they must be safe, right? Not so fast. This Fourth of July, hospitals can expect about 6,000* Emergency Room visits due to serious injuries from home fireworks — most will be burns and many will be really serious. About a quarter will be eye injuries, everything from scratches to burns to what we call “enucleation,” or the loss of an eye, most often from bottle rockets. … Read More
Doernbecher Children’s Hospital
- My child is constipated. What can I do?
- Talk to your kids about energy drinks
- Could your child have narcolepsy?
- jacoby Demissie on Talk to your kids about energy drinks
- Rhiannon on A note of thanks from 8-year-old former NICU patient Elle
- Judy Deggs on Vancouver’s Trey Foote Foundation raises $12K for OHSU Doernbecher, Knight Cancer Challenge
- Cathy partida on Resilience
- Leslie on From a physician-parent’s perspective